For some time, the NSF has required data management plans, and now the NIH has released a draft policy on making data sets used in NIH-funded research available to other researchers. (Read more about the new NIH policy from ScienceMag.org.)
Thankfully, resources for managing data are available to Miami faculty:
- DMPTool.org allows you to create, review, and share data management plans that meet institutional and funder requirements.
- Staff in the Center for Digital Scholarship are available for personalized reviews of data management plans prior to proposal submission.
To get started with DMPTool. org:
- Navigate to DMPTool.org.
- Click the big Get Started button in the middle of the screen.
- Select Miami University (OH) from the drop-down list of institutions on the next page.
- Click the green Next button.
- Enter your Miami unique ID and password on the MUNet Login Page.
- On the next page, click the green Create New DMP button and follow the prompts.
For questions about using DMPTool.org or to arrange a personalized review of your data management plan, contact Eric Johnson, Numeric and Spatial Data Librarian, Center for Digital Scholarship, King Library (513-529-4152).
Data image by By DARPA (Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency, via Wikimedia Commons, public domain.