Collaborators from another institution may be added to a Miami University IRB protocol using the personnel form. Miami requires persons engaged in research using humans as subjects to complete training using the CITI online system. Prior to submitting the personnel form to the Research Ethics and Integrity Office, the collaborator will need to complete the training or, if they have completed it at another institution, affiliate their CITI account with Miami University. Below are the steps to complete this process on CITI’s website:
- Log into your CITI account.
- On the home page, scroll down and select “Add Affiliation.”
- Select “Miami University (Oxford, Ohio).”
- Select “Courses.”
- Select “Humans as Subjects IRB Basic Course.”
- Complete any modules highlighted in blue including three electives
Once the additional modules are complete, our office will receive the completion report from CITI the next day.
For more information related to collaborating with researchers from other institutions, please visit the Research Ethics & Integrity website.